We’ve got your number.
364 sq mi
- Cabarrus County: 211,342
- City of Concord: 94,130
- City of Kannapolis: 49,761
- Town of Harrisburg: 16,075
- Town of Midland: 3,214
- Town of Mt. Pleasant: 1,740
Encompassing the central part of the state, the Piedmont is made up of gently rolling foothills. The area enjoys four distinct seasons, and temperatures are mild year-round.
- Annual average rainfall: 46”
- Annual average temperature: 59°
- January average temperature: Hi 51° Low 30°
- June average temperature: Hi 87° Low 64°
Cabarrus County runs along the Interstate 85 corridor at Exit 49 providing easy access to area hotels, attractions, accommodations and restaurants. Cabarrus County is located just northeast of Charlotte, NC with Interstate 77 just 15 miles west and Interstate 40 just a 30 minute drive north.
- Concord-Padgett Regional Airport (USA) is one of the busiest airports in the Carolinas with over 62,000 annual operations in 2013 and 180 based aircraft. Many of these operations are related to the motorsports industry as most NASCAR related teams are located in the region, several with facilities adjacent to or near Concord-Padgett Regional Airport. Today, USA offers Allegiant Air’s service to select destinations in the Southeastern United states including New Orleans and multiple locations in Florida.
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) is ranked among the nation’s top airports, CLT offers non-stop service to more than 160 destinations worldwide via more than 700 departures and landings daily. American Airlines’ second largest hub and the second largest airport on the East Coast. Located 20 minutes southwest of Cabarrus County.
- AMTRAK is located in the heart of Downtown Kannapolis and and conveniently connects travelers to Cabarrus County via the Carolinian/Piedmont route. Amtrak operates more than 300 trains each day at speeds up to 150 mph to more than 500 destinations.
Travel & Tourism Economy
In 2018, tourism generated $469.31 million in visitor spending in Cabarrus County, ranking 12th in travel impact among North Carolina’s 100 counties. More than 4,650 jobs were directly attributed to travel and tourism, and state and local tax revenues amounted to $34.84 million representing a $493 tax savings per household for Cabarrus County residents.
Population information gathered from U.S. Census Bureau: Population Estimates July 1, 2018 (V2018) census.gov. Climate information gathered from: NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, Climate at a Glance: County Time Series, published February 2019, retrieved on March 1, 2019 from ncdc.noaa.gov/cag.